
The Balcomie Links...first tee. Had the wind with me, and drove it over the green on a 320 yard par 4.

Looking down on a little par 3 from the first tee...coastline in background.

Looking back at the par 5 second. I had driver (330) 9-iron (170) into this, with a heavy wind at my back. Put it about 10 feet for eagle. Made bird.

Tough tee shot over the North Sea on a long par 4.

Probably the toughest par 3 I've ever played, I think. 200 yards, into a gale force wind, uphill, tabletop green. I hit a 3-wood well short into the heather and ended up with a triple bogey 6. I think this hole may be the model for the tough par 3 in Michael Murphy's Golf in the Kingdom.

Supposedly the inspiration for MacDuff's Cave in Golf in the Kingdom.

A well guards another uphill par 3 into the wind...150 yards...this time I stuck a 4 iron about 8 feet from the flag.

The Norweigian Flag flies next to Scotland's on this North Sea course.

The Anstruther Fish Bar serves it up fresh.

The prize after waiting in line...nice flaky fish - not greasy at all. The thing in the corner is a pickled onion...actually pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment